Select your language: English| 中文| Français| Deutsch| Italiano| 日本語| Русский| Português| Español| 한국의      

Click to see our new LED Tubes/Panel/Bulbs Light, LED Downlight, LED Spotlight!

    Website Location: Hidee LED » News » Read News
 
Goodbye to Incandescent Lamps in Europe

Goodbye to Incandescent Lamps in Europe

LED Light Become the Main Lighting

On Auguest 31, 2012, it is the last day for the incandescent lamps sold in the European countries. From the Septemper 1, LED lights and other new energy saving lights will become the main lighting. That is to say goodbye to the incandescent lamps.

Goodbye to Incandescent lamps in Europe

Europe forbidded selling incandescent lamps fully. That marks the end of the lasting 100 years history of "Edison Times". In the early of the March, 2007, the European Commission had made the policy of phasing out incandescent lamps gradually at the end of 2012. That policy was passed by the European Commission in March, 2009. It points that above 100W incandescent lamps were eliminated from Septemper 1, 2009, above 75W from 2010, above 60W from 2011 and 40W and 25W incandescent lamps from 2012.

So Europeans now say goodbye to the "Edison Times". Chinese is also waiting for the day to come. Althought China have declared that it would gradually forbid selling and using above 100W incandescent lamps from Octo 1st, 2012 and above 60W in 2014. It will last until 2016. 15W incandescent lamps will be eliminated at that time. There are still four years for the end of the "Edison Times" for Chinese.

The related experiments shows that there is only 5% electricity for an incandescent lamp actually used for lighting. The remaining 95% of the electrical energy is converted to heat energy. That is huge waste, so we have no choice and eliminate it.

There is another reason for us to eliminate the incandescent lamps. We want to save energy and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. That is a good way.

Edison invented the incandescent lamp about 100 years ago. But we will say goodbye to it now.  For the energy saving and environment, it will be destined to be replaced by the LED lights.

The related LED light news:

LED Light Replacing Incandescent Lamp Time

 Equipment
 Honor
 Certifications
Automatic Aging Test Machine
Automatic Aging Test Machine
L.G.P. dots Printing Mold
L.G.P. dots Printing Mold
Silk-screen Printing Machine
Silk-screen Printing Machine
Tunnel Stove Machine
Tunnel Stove Machine
Solder Printing Machine
Solder Printing Machine